About Me

My photo
Please see other web addresses: http://westwood2.blogspot.com/ My Employment for 27 years in The Calif. Dept. of Corrections; 31 ½ years in the U.S. Army; Vietnam story, pictures; Prison story, picture http://lcweb2.loc.gov/diglib/vhp/bib/24135 : Library of Congress: my military history

Best of Show San Bernardino County Fair 2011

Best of Show San Bernardino County Fair 2011

spalted wood vase

spalted wood vase

suspended vessel, candlesticks

suspended vessel, candlesticks

Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Home Made Wood Turning Tools


This is a picture of five wood turning tools I made using 36 inches of 1/4 inch water hard drill rod in the last three days.  It cost $3.40 cents for the rod.  I had to torch them using a Map gas burner and quench it in water to get the steel hard.  I shaped the ones that are bent using a vice and hammer.  I used the new straight tools to make some finial for some boxes that I have made.  They are nearing completion.  December 25, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment